As businesspeople, you probably often think about it, scratching your heads. Some of you feel it’s mainly about the content or audience targeting, while others believe in innovation or search engine tendencies. Finding a common ground and developing an effective SEO strategy may be tricky at first, but it’s possible. And, the following secrets can help you out:
- Presenting unique, detailed content attracts people and may boost your traffic. So, ensure you complete your profile and incorporate engaging links, videos and pictures in your website. Also, offer current, creative and original information and, if you borrow someone’s idea or infographic, always give the author credit. Lastly, remember to keep your word count at more than 500, or 1000-2000 if you can, because longer texts usually land on page 1 of Google search.
- Having a responsive web design (RWD) can be beneficial, considering the increase of mobile device users and the popularity of multi-screening. RWD lets you unite all parts of your website’s content with one URL and provide a seamless experience for people. Thus, it strengthens the URL and improves your SEO. Therefore, make sure your layout is able to detect the user’s device’s resolution and adjust to it.
- Keeping a consistent blog editorial schedule allows you to maintain business relations and expand your audience, while building internal links and increasing your SEO value. Try to learn the best times for improving pageviews and increasing engagement. Initially, you can post once a week to see if it works. Then, create your schedule and update your blog regularly.
- Developing a good keyword tactic helps with SEO link building. Start by listing specific phrases you want to use. Keep in mind that their density should be at 2-4 percent. Utilize competition analysis tools to check out your rivals’ keywords. Also, monitor your campaign keywords and include the same phrases in your URLs and image descriptions.
- Expanding topics previously discussed, with the skyscraper technique, is a good online marketing method, one that may increase your traffic and backlinks. First, you need to find relevant content that includes many useful links. Then, you modify, expand and improve the concepts. And lastly, you ask others to share your unique text.
- Offering free stuff draws people and outshines the competition, while generating pageviews, creating clients, increasing visit duration, and improving your credibility. Therefore, be creative and useful and present promotional, sample or discounted services and products, as well as effective, current and easy-to-use tools.
- Optimizing your exact location for Google and Bing helps to establish your local online presence and may let you succeed in the community. So, as you keep in mind that 20 percent of searches are related to locations, ensure you refresh your website and optimize for local search. Implementing the HTML5 markup can help your SEO strategy, although the benefits may be disputable. Yet, try utilizing the markup’s storage, semantic tags, and web works flexibility, as well as its microdata, media, canvas, and form elements. And, remember to maintain a good HTML-to-text ratio and avoid DHTML or content in PDF or Flash.
- Promoting your content on social media can improve your rankings, considering last year’s trends. Of all, Pinterest’s growth seems to be the most drastic, thus the most promising for generating traffic. So, connect with your clients on various platforms by offering your eye-catching and interest-based information. Not only market the content but engage people and encourage dialogs in a respectful and honest manner.
- Learning your audience’s technical levels, interests and wishes may help you improve pageview frequency and generate relevant traffic, one that’ll lead to loyal customers. Therefore, survey your followers and ask questions about their wants and needs. Then, use specific phrases and prepare website content targeted and tailored to your clients’ expectations.
- Enhancing your website’s loading times may help you maintain or improve your traffic. To speed things up, try using Goggle’s free Page Speed tool. You can also check how your URL is doing and get some tips with the Quick Sprout tool. And, improve your central processing unit (CPU) power, even if you have to change the server.
Yes, you can develop an efficient SEO strategy, one that will make a difference in you search engine results page (SERP) rankings. The process may require a few adjustments and some patience, but the outcome of increased traffic, better credibility, and improved revenue will surely be worth the effort. So, the sooner you get in the groove of things, the quicker you’ll find yourself riding the waves of success.
An entrepreneur with an eye for good design and advocate of simplicity. He brings a fresh strategy and approach to every project and plays an integral role in clients’ accomplishments through collaboration and close integration. Through his hands-on experience in technology and marketing, he ensures user experiences and technology are on the leading edge.